PAGES

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.



Image : Yahoo
This could be a common mistake in any household. Do read carefully please and circulate. This is shocking accident happened in Pune. This may be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us. 

A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen. Her husband too was hospitalized for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife. How it happened ? The gas stove was on and cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. 



There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival.


FYI, all insect killer sprays have highly volatile and inflammable solvents. The atomized nano spray particles spread extremely rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air. Did the poor lady realize the hazard involved ? Apparently Not!

Please educate your family about this and spread the word around....who knows you may save more than a life.



8 comments:

  1. Siannya wife dia.. tiba2 terfikir org perempuan di dapur nie pun berhadapan dengan bahaya juga.. berkorban untuk keluarganya.. tengok tong gas tu pun dah jadi takut. huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tulah pasal jangan careless kena alert....jangan main taram jer suka2 hati spray kan dah jadi hal besar. Sama2 kita ambil ikhtibar dan pengajaran agar terhindar daripada segala kecelakaan dan kemudaratan.

      Delete
  2. Scary to read and I hope I don't make the same mistake. Though I am careful, I think its better to be double careful all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIP to that lady and hope the husband will recover soon. Good example for us to be extra careful in the kitchen.

      Delete
  3. Thks so much for leaving your lovely comments @ Shirley's Luxury Haven! Sorry it took a while for me to chk out your blog as I've overlooked.

    Great blog you've got here & very informative post. I'm following u now at Twitter & GFC & would love to have u follow me too! I also conduct Giveaways regularly. Hope to see u more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you too and definitely I will follow you back and visit yours. Hope we can exchange ideas and information via this virtual blog sphere world.

      Delete
  4. This is horrible!!!!I never have any gas stove in my house for this reason...I just have a multi cooker and most of the time eat out!!! single ma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy it is horrible and scary too. Single is simple just tapau Mcd or else eat out lor hehehe. Thanks dropping by here will visit your too.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments much appreciated !